Friends of Cape Lookout National Seashore

Cape Village Historic District



"Cape Village" is a collection of structures built from about 1887 to 1960 located about a mile south of the Cape Lookout Light Station. There are sixteen "houses" that remain and are now being considered for "reuse" by the National Park Service, as follows:

Structure Origin Probable Reuse(s)
Lewis-Davis House Interpretation, exterior only.
Gaskill-Guthrie Built before 1920 by Clem Gaskill. Owned by Odell Guthrie from 1922 to 1951. Interpretation, interior and exterior.
Guthrie-Ogilvie Interpretation or lease.
Setzer-Dawsey House To be removed.
Life-Saving Station Boathouse Built in 1887. Sold and relocated as private residence. Relocated to Coast Guard area for interpretation.
O'Boyle-Bryant House Built in 1939 Interpretation, exterior only.
Fishing Cottage No. 1 Unknown To be removed
Fishing Cottage No. 2 Unknown Renovated for staff or volunteer housing.
Life-Saving Station Built in 1887. Sold and relocated as private residence in 1957. Relocated to Coast Guard area for interpretation downstairs and staff or volunteer housing upstairs.
Gordon Willis House Volunteer/staff housing.
Jetty Worker's House No. 1 Built in 1915 to house workers building the planned coaling station jetty. Interpretation, exterior only.
Jetty Worker's House No. 2 Built in 1915 to house workers building the planned coaling station jetty. Interpretation, exterior only.
Barden House 1907 Principal Keeper Quarters sold and relocated in 958. Relocate to Light Station and renovate for interpretation, interior and exterior.
Baker-Holderness House Interpretation or lease.
Seifert-Davis House Interpretation or lease.
Les and Sally's Place Store and rental cabins built by Les and Sally Moore in the 1940's. Not-for-profit use, research or environmental programs.
Visit Our Seashore News & Events National Park Service
Internet Marketing Web Design

Internet Marketing & Web Design by:

Copyright 2008 Friends of Cape Lookout National Seashore. All rights reserved.